How to select a food plant site?
Planning to build a food plant? If yes, this article might help you. The most important decision you have to make is selecting a food plant site.
A food plant site can help in making your business thrive. How? Food facilities produce a lot of food, so the site selection process is important.
There are a total of five factors for food plant site selection. Let’s take a look at it as we have jotted down the pointers in this article.
Factors that Help you Choose Your Food Plant Site
- Does your food plant require interstate access? You need to think about internal material movement and raw ingredient delivery.
- You are going to need a lot of energy and water for the food plant. Does this location give you access to plenty of energy and water? What are the costs? You have to think about the future before selecting the plant site.
- Think of a strategic location. Where are your customers? Are the raw material sources and distribution centers nearby?
- The site should be free from dust, pollution, and any other kind of pollutants. You must stay clear of harmful sites. Anything that is exposed to toxic elements should be off the list.
- Think about proper drainage and the government regulations in the area.
What else should you keep in mind?
There are some other factors you need to keep in mind.
First of all, the area should have a business environment. You need to keep in mind the topography when selecting a site for your food plant.
Please remember that state, property, and all kinds of taxes will vary from place to place. You need to select a place that offers tax benefits otherwise your business wouldn’t grow as you expected.
Another thing you need to keep in mind is the labor cost. Think of the wages you will be giving for daily operations. Food plants need labor and they have to be skilled. Does the area have skilled workers? This would also be an important pointer when selecting a location for your food plant.
Hold that thought! We’re not done yet.
Before building your plant and narrowing down the location, you have to speak to an architect. Food plant architects Stendel Reich can help you build your dream food plant! They will listen to your requirements and might also help you choose the best location. It’s always good to get in touch with experts!